Sholem relies heavily on the kindness of members. You may get involved in several ways. One is by joining a committee. Another is to take on discrete tasks.
Below is a list of standing committees followed by a list of tasks. If you can participate at any level, please email us at email@example.com.
|Plans activities for Sholem adults and members of the larger community. These include lectures, forums, and social gatherings.
|Assists families going through the Sholem bar/basmitsve program
|Develops fiscal policies and an annual budget; keeps the books; informs the community about Sholem’s financial condition.
|Seeks sources of supplemental funding, by grant writing, staging fundraising events, selling merchandise, etc.
|Organizes and plans Sholem’s secular celebrations of Jewish holidays.
|Studies, writes, and re-writes Sholem’s secular celebrations of Jewish holidays.
|Assists community members in times of need.
|Prepares and maintains registration, tuition, dues materials, and the roster.
|Responsible for publicity, advertising, press relations, email bulletins and the Sholem web site.
|Coordinates teacher recruitment, hiring, and evaluation; assists the school principal with administrative tasks; and helps with curriculum development.
|Organizes activities to influence the wider community and educate ourselves about issues consistent with Sholem’s progressive, ethical values.
- Plan and attend annual staff retreat with school director and school committee
- Assist in producing annual fundraiser
- Publicize and plan fundraising events
- Organize greetings, events and activities for new and returning school families
- Help plan and run the annual community model seder
- Help plan and run the holiday sale
- Craft and email press releases
- Coordinate parents to post information about Sholem programs on parenting listservs
- Create a learning module for staff training and speak at staff meetings
- Organize and lead orientations to Sholem
- Arrange Shabes dinners
- Work on and lead a musical interactive Shabes event
- Call and greet new families
Thank you for supporting Sholem!